Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A confusion of thoughts/ My life in Pictures

I have about a zillion thoughts running through my head. I pretty much contemplated my entire life between the hours of 7 and noon today, and I wish I had written them all down at lunch time; for now, as I sit here with my stawberry-and-angel-food-cake-filled-bowl, my thoughts escape me, at least in any articulate way.


I thought mostly about the people in my life, past and present, that have inspired me, and wondered if I have let their examples really affect my life. I have known some amazing people, people who are daily making a difference, people who had big dreams and pursued them. I have known some amazingly romantic people, amazingly dramatic people, amazingly intelligent people...and above all else, amazingly loving people. But the questions I asked myself was: "who have I become because of them? Have I changed my life at all? Have I become an inspiring person? Have I pursued MY dreams?"


I struggle with the notion of contentment. I often find myself dreaming big, but being content with mediocre. I am fairly content with anything that comes my way, but is this a good thing? Sometimes I wish I was discontent more often, so as to push past the mediocre and become something more... I can't collect my thoughts any more clearly right now, so I will just end this blog with some beautiful moments from the past month.



The only way to capture nick on camera is shots like this. This is our electric piano which I hope to one day make sweet techno tunes on.


A cliff face full of sparrow homes...This, and the next few shots, are at the port in Port Rowan, a photographer's dream.
Kat climbing the campbell's-soup-can-like lighthouse in Port Rowan.

No comments: