Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Freespiritedness under fire

So, I've been questioned by a good friend about my hippy-hippy tree hugger post, you know, the one about loving stuff and running in the rain. And although it hurts to be questioned, at the same time it is what I value most in real friends, people who want to question and challenge, even if it hurts. Entonces...

I want to clarify that my love of life is not a rejection of the knowledge of God, but rather, it is a recognition of God in every moment of my life. It is a constant state of amazement that I find myself in, loving the things God has made.

Jesus does not just say, "hey guys, wait around till you die and then everything will be fine", but instead wants us to bring the kingdom of heaven to earth RIGHT NOW. God did not just design us to wait around till we die to experience him, but lovingly crafted us to interact and be inspired by our environment.

I was only trying to state that there is too much love of God in the world to waste our time pondering over things our brains cannot comprehend, things our history books will never reveal, worrying over things we cannot control, and criticizing things that are not ours to critique.

It is not that I desire to be ignorant of God, but I desire to be knowledgable of God as creator, not just as a presence in a biblical story, not just as an unknown, incomprehensible figure that is living somewhere beyond the stars...I was never attempting to discredit biblical knowledge, for surely our entire lives are built around who and what we find there, but now that I've found it and have knowledge of scriptures, it's time to put the book down and put the words into practice, no?

No comments: